To become centre of excellence in civil engineering that provide research oriented technical education considering moral and social need to meet current and future challenges of community
Striving, Innovative and Hands-on engineers to accomplish social and nation development.
Department of Civil Engineering
Program Outcomes (PO’S):
PO 1. Engineering Knowledge
Integrate mathematics, sciences, and civil and construction engineering knowledge from all sub disciplines to the solution of complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 2. Problem Analysis
Identify, source information, formulate solutions, analyse options and solve complex civil and construction engineering problems
PO 3. Design of Solutions
Integrate design solutions with client requirements to produce feasible and practical solutions to complex civil and construction engineering problems with appropriate considerations
PO 4. Investigation
Investigate complex civil and construction engineering problems to obtain conclusions by design of experiments, analysis of data, and synthesis of information using research-based knowledge and methods
PO 5. Modern Tool Usage
Apply relevant civil technologies and tools, including prediction and modelling, to complete complex civil and construction engineering problems successfully
PO 6.The Engineer and Society
Practice and apply reasoning informed by consideration in societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues to solutions for complex civil and construction engineering problems
PO 7. Environment and Sustainability
Understand the impact of civil and construction engineering towards the environment and produce sustainable solutions to complex civil and construction engineering problems.
PO 8. Ethics
Demonstrate ethical practice in the context of civil and construction engineering problems
PO 9.Individual and Team Work
Apply knowledge of civil and construction engineering principles as a member and leader in a team, in managing all projects
PO 10. Communication
Communicate complex civil and construction engineering activities effectively with plans, reports, documentation and presentations to all stakeholders
PO 11. Project Management and Finance
Apply knowledge of project and cost management as a member and leader in a team, in managing all projects
PO 12.Life Long Learning
Continually extend and build on professional understanding and skills acquired during the undergraduate learning
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
1. A solid foundation in mathematics, science, computer as well as fundamental knowledge of relevant engineering principles in civil engineering disciplines.
2. The capability for critical thinking, engineering reasoning, problem solving, experimentation, and teamwork.
3. Practical skills and experience to design, construct, manage and operate the essential elements of civil engineering systems.
4. The integrated understanding of sustainability.
5. In-depth and advanced professional knowledge in various aspects of civil engineering works including the related ordinances, codes of practices, regulations and standards, and keeping track of the latest trend in the civil engineering profession.
6. A sense of professional ethics, social commitment and responsibility to the public.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's):
At the end of the program, the student:
1. Should be able to clearly understand the concepts of civil engineering and apply them to the real problems in design & construction industry.
2. Should have the capability to comprehend the technological advancement in the field of civil engineering for variety of applications.
3. Should possess professional, ethical and social values.
4. Create significant impact within their organization and society at national and international levels.