It is one of the most miscellaneous and versatile engineering fields, mechanical engineering is the study of objects and systems in motion. , the field of mechanical engineering touches effectively every aspect of Modern life, including the human body, a highly complex machine. The field has its roots in the industrial revolution with the advent of the steam engine, automated manufacturing, and the demands of railroad transportation requiring gradually pioneering and sophisticated engineering solutions
- The role of a mechanical engineer is to take a product from an idea to the market.
- The role of a mechanical engineer is to take development from an idea to the marketplace.
- Mechanical engineers play key roles in a wide range of industries including automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, computers, electronics, Mechatronics, microelectromechanical systems, energy conversion, robotics and automation thermal science, and manufacturing.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) currently lists 36 technical divisions, from advanced energy systems and aerospace engineering to solid-waste engineering and textile engineering.
- The extensiveness of the mechanical engineering discipline allows students a variety of career options beyond the industries.
- Analytical tools to achieve their design goals, the ability to overcome all constraints, and the teamwork needed to design, market, and produce a system.